Friday, July 9, 2010

Why I Am Riding

This is my second year of riding the MS150.  Last year's ride was one of the best experiences I have had.  It was a combination of few factors that added up to a fantastic event.   First off, despite my moaning, I really enjoyed training for the ride.  It was nice to have a goal to train for (something I really haven't done since college).  The two months of training was a lot of time in the saddle, but I found the riding very meditative and I really enjoyed the riders high I got on the longer rides.

The best part of the ride, for me, was actually doing the ride.  It was fun to cycle with a lot of other people, a first for me since I spent most of my training riding solo.  I met a lot of fantastic people while biking - other riders, volunteers, and organizers.  Everyone was so nice, and most people were in some way touched by MS: Family members, friends, coworkers - most people were biking for someone.

This gave the ride a very collegial atmosphere, and I really look forward to biking with Ali this year, who was on the sidelines last season.  I also am blessed to have some great friends biking with me this year.  I hope they all enjoy it as much as I have!  So please support me as I set out for training the MS ride.  You can conveniently donate here at my ride website.  Thanks!

Just after I crossed the finish line in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment