Due to the wheel kablooey of last weekend, this weekends ride involved a little cross training. I dusted off the mountain bike and wend for a ride in the
North Foothill Trail here in ABQ. We are having a bit of a heat wave here with temps topping out around 95, but the troubling part is there is noticable humidity (~40%) which is not letting it cool down very much overnight. So by the time I hit the trailhead at around 6:30 it was already around 75. Toasty.
Early morning sunrise
It has been at least 2 years since I was out mountain biking so I was a little rusty. But it was really fun. Totally different type of biking than road biking, much more sprinting and hard exertion, where road biking is more slow and steady pacing. It totally kicked my ass though, and I was dead by the time I got back to the car 13 miles and 2 hours later.
Near the beginning when I was smiling
Beautiful single track ride
No comments:
Post a Comment