Since my wheel has not been repaired yet, I had to do another another mountain biking session in lieu of a long road biking training session. We had a wonderful 3 days of rain and clouds starting on Friday (no, seriously, in the desert and after the heat of July we were pretty excited). So on Sunday morning out of habit I rolled up to the trail head by 7 am for an early training ride. It was a pretty chilly morning with a temperature of 64 and a cool breeze blowing out of the mountains. But I headed off for another morning ride.....
It was fun, as usual, but I seem to remember why I drifted away from mountain biking a while ago. I seemed to spend a lot of time on the ride being lost. When road biking, it is pretty easy not to get lost, but not so much when you are going on biking on unmarked single track. But I got a nice 2 hour ride in covering about 12 miles total. I forgot my camera, so I found some images on the web that approximate what my ride was like:
Artist rendition of David's ride
Honestly, it was probably more like this:
I hope to get my bike back soon. Next weekends ride will be in Erie as we visit family, but my tire better be back very soon. I need to start getting some long rides in!
No comments:
Post a Comment