Most elite athletes who are really serious do some elevation training - traveling somewhere at high elevation (Denver, Albuquerque) so that your body creates extra red blood cells to compensate for the lower oxygen concentration in the air. When you return to low elevation, these extra red blood cells give you a performance boost.
Really elite athletes like me actually do inverse elevation training - where you travel from high to low elevation and train to decrease overall performance. Or something like that..... Ali's family were kind enough to locate a bike for me to train while on vacation in Erie. It is an older bike, but much faster than mine at home.
![]() |
| My sweet ride |
I went for a ride the other night through a suburb close to the Schloss family compound. Much different than the rides around Albuquerque! The song I kept singing to myself as I did ~20 miles through the neighborhood was "Little Boxes" by Malvina Reynolds. The only difference these were actually really big boxes, but they all looked just the same.
![]() |
| 20 miles with this as my only view - I miss ABQ! |


No comments:
Post a Comment